- General Rules and Regulations
1. Entries are open to all who have registered for the ACA 2017 convention.
2. No limit on the number of entries per exhibitor.
3. No entry will be in more than one class.
4. One entry per tank.
- Entry Deadlines
1. All entry fees must be received no later than 11:59 pm (est) on June 9th, 2017. All entry forms must be received no later than 11:59 pm (est) on June 23rd, 2017. The cost for each entry is $5.00.
2. Exhibit set up time will be on Convention Wednesday (July 12th) 5 P.M. until 10 P.M., Thursday (July 13th) between 11 A.M. and 10 P.M., and Friday (July 14th) between 1 P.M. and 6 P.M. No entries may be benched after 6 P.M. on Friday (July 14th).
3. If any exhibit needs to be relocated for any reason only Show Committee Staff will be allowed to do so.
4. Tampering with any exhibit other than your own is strictly forbidden.
5. Judging will take place Friday between 9 P.M. and 11:59 P.M. Only the judges will be permitted in the show room during this time.
6. Decisions of the judges on class changes, disqualifications, and show results will be final.
7. A custom award will be given for the winning exhibit of each Division, and recipient will be recognized at the Awards Dinner.
8. A custom award will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of each Class and recipient will be recognized at the Awards Dinner.
- General Rules
1. All exhibits will be under the control of the ACA Show Committee.
2. No exhibit may be dismantled or removed prior to 11:59 P.M. on the Saturday of the Convention without permission from the Show Committee.
3. Fish designated for auction must be registered and bagged by the exhibitor. Auction registration is on Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.
4. All exhibits will be removed from the show area by 10:30 A.M. on Sunday, July 16th.
5. Any exhibits not removed by 10:30 A.M. on Sunday will become property of ACA 2017 and auctioned off beginning at 10:30 A.M.
6. The Michigan Cichlid Association, the American Cichlid Association, and the Sheraton Novi Hotel will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damages incurred during the show.
7. ACA 2017 will do its utmost to ensure the highest amount of care and security is provided to each entry.
8. ACA 2017 reserves the right to periodically modify and make changes to these rules as it deems necessary.
- ACA 2017 Fish Show Specific Info
- 1. ACA 2017 will provide tanks in standard 10 and 20H sizes.
2. ACA 2017 will provide air, airline, and air valves for each show exhibit. A foam filter will be provided for each tank.
3. Municipal water treated with dechlorinator will be available on site. Exhibitors choosing to bring their own water are advised to coordinate prior to arrival at the convention.
4. ACA 2017 will provide stands for tanks.
5. Tanks will be bare except for provided equipment.
6. Tanks will have a bare background for the purposes of judging. No background color, text or graphics will be allowed to be added by the exhibitor until after the conclusion of the judging. No equipment or decorations may be placed inside the tanks unless provided by the Show Committee.
7. No sprays, window cleaners or other chemicals will be permitted in the show area except for approved dechlorinators and other water treatment chemicals.
8. ACA 2017 will not be responsible for exhibitors’ equipment, materials or supplies left in Show Room.
- ACA 2017 Art Show Specific Info
- 1. Traditional and Digital Unaltered Prints (Non-manipulated): Photographic image has not been digitally altered (i.e. Photoshop, In-design, Illustrator, etc) prior to either printing or scanning. Exhibitors may use computer editing tools to adjust for contrast, exposure, cropping and other traditional adjustments that could be obtained through a traditional darkroom process. Only basic image correction such as sharpening, saturation, cropping, color balance and removal of dust, scratches or water spots allowed.
2. Digitally Altered Prints (Manipulated): Photographic image has been digitally altered prior to either printing or scanning in a manner that could not otherwise have been produced during traditional darkroom printing and is significantly altered from original photograph.
- 1. Entries are open to all who have registered for the ACA 2017 convention.
2. Each exhibitor is limited to five entries in the art show.
3. No political satire will be accepted.
4. Only images depicting cichlids will be accepted.
5. All entries must be the original work of the exhibitor.
6. All photographs and paintings must be dry.
7. All entries must remain in the show room until released on Saturday, July 15th at 9:00 P.M. Entries may be picked up after that. Any entry left after 11 A.M. Sunday, July 16th will become property of the ACA Convention.
8. All entries must be clean, in good condition and in good taste.
9. Exhibits not conforming to the specifications of its class will not be judged.
10. Photographs and artwork with time stamps or signatures will not be judged.
11. No “For Sale” signs or other promotional material is to be placed on or with any exhibit in this Division.
12. Photographs will be judged on the technical aspects of composition, focus, exposure, printing, and presentation.
13. Artwork will be judged on originality and the use of the principles and elements of design.